- 8 oz. whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 8 oz. whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 Tbs. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of slice, fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp. garlic
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tsp. low-sodium Italian seasoning
- 2 medium zucchini – sliced
Prepare pasta, drain, rinse and set aside. Mix flour and pepper in a shallow dish. One at a time, place chicken pieces in flour mixture and turn to coat. Spray large skillet with cooking spray, turn to medium heat and add chicken. Cook until no longer pink inside (3-4 minutes per side).
Transfer chicken to plate and set aside. Re-spray skillet with cooking spray, turn heat to medium-high, and cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add garlic, lemon juice and chicken stock, stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and zucchini, and bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until zucchini is tender.
Toss pasta in the skillet with sauce. Serve topped with chicken.